AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

can display netwok affect search impression?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

recently i join display network

17 clicks 108,705 impression  ctr 0.02%

my search impression seems drop down

i want to know if display network affect search result?

2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by rashu (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: can display netwok affect search impression?

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

The Display Network performance should not have an impact on the Search performance as long as you are targeting the Search & Display networks through separate campaigns. If you target them through the same campaign, the Display Network will end up spending all your budget and there will be no budget left to spend on the Search Network. Additionally, it is not a good idea to target both the networks through the same campaign as the structure (keyword grouping and ads) targeting the Search Network should be different than that targeting the Display Network.

Hope this helps.

Heta
- Paid Search Marketing | www.convonix.com

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

HI

here are few pointers you should look at

1. make sure search and display campaigns are diffrent

2. make sure that your search campaign budget remains same after you start display, if you use your search campaign budget on display then it will end up affecting your search campaigns

3. My personal experience has been with display campaigns  normally increase the search volume especially for brand terms

Hope this helps

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

The Display Network performance should not have an impact on the Search performance as long as you are targeting the Search & Display networks through separate campaigns. If you target them through the same campaign, the Display Network will end up spending all your budget and there will be no budget left to spend on the Search Network. Additionally, it is not a good idea to target both the networks through the same campaign as the structure (keyword grouping and ads) targeting the Search Network should be different than that targeting the Display Network.

Hope this helps.

Heta
- Paid Search Marketing | www.convonix.com
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

HI

here are few pointers you should look at

1. make sure search and display campaigns are diffrent

2. make sure that your search campaign budget remains same after you start display, if you use your search campaign budget on display then it will end up affecting your search campaigns

3. My personal experience has been with display campaigns  normally increase the search volume especially for brand terms

Hope this helps

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

There have been some great ideas here!

And yes, having campaigns running on the search network and display network should not affect each other if they are in separate campaigns. If they are in the same campaign then the budget will be split between the two networks and depending on your settings you may end up with more clicks on one of the two networks.

A.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Just a short addition to what has been answered:

Though some power of the search network was added recently to Display ( the availability to bid on specific KW) the two networks are distinct in concept:

While the Display targets using a "contextual targeting", the Search algorithm is based on matching a search query to a keyword.

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’