AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

can I send people to my Facebook page?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a photography biz that focuses on weddings, but also does senior portraits, family portraits, etc.  In the past, I've done google ads to send them to my website, but they come one time and they're gone.  It seems to make sense to send them to Facebook where they can like my page and I have more continued access to them.

Does that make sense?  Does google ads allow me to do that?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: can I send people to my Facebook page?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Ron M,

You can certainly do that, but there are a couple problems involved.

The biggest problem is tracking. One of the biggest advantages AdWords has over print media is that it is inherently trackable. You won't be able to place conversion code on Facebook pages. So, instead, you will need an "app" that receives traffic from the AdWords click. You'll need to install some sort of tracking to know if ad clicks become page likes. This is non-trivial, you may need professional help to accomplish all that.

The other problem you could face is that Google will only show one ad per top level domain on any SERP. That means only one ad for a Facebook page can appear. I would imagine the competition could be fierce.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords