AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3K members online now
3K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

call forwarding metrics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a call forwarding extension on my campaign and have received two phone calls. I would like to view the metrics, however when I follow the instructions that is listed in the adwords help section I do not have the options they list. 

This is the instructions I was following:

1. Sign in to AdWords, then navigate to your preferred tab.
  2. Click the Columns drop-down box, then click "Customize columns."
  3. Select the checkboxes for one or more of the following columns: Phone impressions, Phone calls, Phone-through rate (PTR), and Phone cost. Or, simply click "Call details" to select all five columns at once.
  4. Click the Save button in the bottom left corner of the green area (you may have to scroll down the page).

But I do not have the option to choose any of the columns pertaining to phone (only clicks.)

Can someone please help me with this? Is there another way to go about getting phone call metrics?

Also does Google record the phone call? I thought I read somewhere that they did.

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by RachK (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: call forwarding metrics

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Anigon, 

When you add a phone number to your ad, and enable call extensions, your phone number will appear as a clickable link on mobile phones. If you're using a Google forwarding number, your call extensions can also appear on desktop search. Keep in mind that your ad group will have to receive a minimum number of clicks to be able to show call extensions, and a minimum number of calls to show a Google forwarding number.

If you've enabled call extensions with a Google forwarding number (currently available to customers in the US and UK), you can get detailed reporting on calls dialed to that number. However, to show a forwarding number, your call extensions need to get a minimum number of clicks in a four-week period.

If you are not seeing the option to select the call metrics column it is likely that you have not recieved the minimum number of calls necessary to show with a call forwarding number at this time. As a guide you would need around 30 calls over a four-week period for your unique call forwarding number to show. 

In terms of recording the call, Google does not record the call.  The call forwarding reports will be able to show you how many callers dialed your forwarding number, call-by-call detail, including call time, duration, and caller area code, cost for calls, call and phone-through-rate summaries by ad groups and campaigns. 

I hope this helps clear things up for you. Here is a link to a good resource on the call metric from the AdWords Help Center: 

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2454046

Have a nice day.

RachK Woman Happy

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by RachK (Google Employee)
September 2015

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Anigon, 

When you add a phone number to your ad, and enable call extensions, your phone number will appear as a clickable link on mobile phones. If you're using a Google forwarding number, your call extensions can also appear on desktop search. Keep in mind that your ad group will have to receive a minimum number of clicks to be able to show call extensions, and a minimum number of calls to show a Google forwarding number.

If you've enabled call extensions with a Google forwarding number (currently available to customers in the US and UK), you can get detailed reporting on calls dialed to that number. However, to show a forwarding number, your call extensions need to get a minimum number of clicks in a four-week period.

If you are not seeing the option to select the call metrics column it is likely that you have not recieved the minimum number of calls necessary to show with a call forwarding number at this time. As a guide you would need around 30 calls over a four-week period for your unique call forwarding number to show. 

In terms of recording the call, Google does not record the call.  The call forwarding reports will be able to show you how many callers dialed your forwarding number, call-by-call detail, including call time, duration, and caller area code, cost for calls, call and phone-through-rate summaries by ad groups and campaigns. 

I hope this helps clear things up for you. Here is a link to a good resource on the call metric from the AdWords Help Center: 

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2454046

Have a nice day.

RachK Woman Happy

fmi
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
fmi
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

RachK

Your answer is extremely clear and specific thanks.  It should be part of the documentation.