Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

broad match modifier help

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello All:
I want to use the broad match modifier   keywords      +111 222   ,     +111 +222
are they the same  or different ?
if user search keyword 11 shoe 222
which keyword will be triggered or both ?
Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: broad match modifier help

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi there,

Welcome to AdWords Community!

Broad match modifier (+) would trigger ads when the search term contains the term. In this example, the keyword +111 222 would trigger ads when a user's search contains 111. Keyword +111 +222 would trigger ads when a user's search contains both these terms. More info on match types here.

Hope that helps!

Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi,

if the user uses the keyword 111 shoe 222, the keywords +111 +222 will be triggered. The plus for each keywords, indicated that both terms can be placed somewhere in the search query, so the order can vary. In the case of +111 222 you cannot vary with the order, since you used one +.

Take for example beach holiday. If you have the keyword +beach +holiday, you keyword will be triggered by the search query holiday on the beach. However, when you have + beach holiday, this will not be the case.

Cheers,

Fenna

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Fenna,

I believe you are mistaken. Only modifying one term will not restrict word order.
+Beach Holiday and +Beach +holiday, will both be triggered by "holiday beach".

All the modifier tells adwords is that this term MUST be in the users search query. There is no restriction on word order in any way.

This should also answer the original question, in that +111 +222, and +111 222 are similar. Both will trigger for a search query of "222 111" but only the second keyword will trigger for "111 333".

Refer to link below for more information:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2497836?hl=en

Hope this helps

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Clynton,

Thanks for clarifying this!

Cheers,

Fenna