4.1K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

brand name bidding

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Do you think it is a good idea to bid for a brand name through keyword targeting?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: brand name bidding

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi

You mean bidding for your own brand name?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Yes, do you think targeting the brand name through keywords is a good idea?

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
I think it depend on what you expecting. I have some clients who don't have their brand name in the first page of organic results so they use paid advertisements and there are some clients who want to use their brand name as a keywords because of lot of their competitors do, So when someone search for the particular brand name 1st thing that appear might not be clients website but a paid advertisement from a competitor.

So I think this decision depend on the competitor strategy and what you want to achieve. Smiley Happy

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi,

We do have a good presence on search pages. However, my idea is to complement this advantage through paid advertising. May be this could add to deliver more precise customer experience. What's your view?

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star
In a case like that I would bid for my brand name if i have enough budget to do so. If you do a little research you can see lot of organization follow this method (Eg Trip Advisor) . End result they expecting may be different but personally I would go with bidding for my brand name if all other requirments match

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Nisal,

Thanks for your suggestions.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
This topic has been discussed several times in the past. There are various strategies you could follow:
Here are two examples of past discussions on the subject:
https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Performance-Optimization/Own-brand-name-targeting/td-p/75416
https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Performance-Optimization/Brand-bidding/m-p/310583/highlight/...
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor Alumni
# 9
Top Contributor Alumni
Great discussion here -
Yes, I always advise to also bid on Brand Name and Branded Keywords. Typically we find that this leads to higher overall visits to a site, increased Conversion Rates (yes, I have seen post-click Conversions higher when Branded Keywords in market), more owned real estate on the Screen, etc.
Bidding on Banded Keywords gives you more control and options on what to show to searcher. For example, you can show Extensions such as Sitelinks/Location Extensions, you can test new Ad Copy, you can highlight a promo, etc.
One piece of advice I always give on this topic though is you may consider testing it for yourself. If you really want to see the value and impact of turning off Branded Keywords, the only way you know for sure is to do an evaluation.