AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

board modifier search type

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
got a question.

if my keyword is:
Brother +MFC7360

would the following search terms trigger my ad?
1. brother 7360
2. brother 7380 toner
3. brother printer MFC-7360DN toner

also if the search term is either singular or plural firm, will it make any difference?
1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: board modifier search type

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi,

Singulr pural will not make a difference, as for search term goes, last one wil definately tigger your ad, first two might not tigger your ads

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi there;

Part numbers / model versions (as  for those   Brother printers), to my knowledge, are not considered closed  variants. Thus, the 3 KWs - in my opinion - will not trigger the ad. Model MFC7360 is  totally different than  MFC7360DN.  (DN has a duplex - two sides-  printing capability and a network adapter, compared with only one side printing, and and USB connection in the 7360)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks so much. is there anyway to test and preview?

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
u can try ad preview tool

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
if I change the KW to:
Brother +7360

do u think it is better and will trigger the above ads?

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
I was thinking about your case; You'll have to list all KWs, of all Brother's model types, separately.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
yes that is what i am doing. but i found a problem. sometimes adwords can't trigger the correct corresponding ad. Adwords would trigger a wrong ad. may be the models name in front of the number confused the system. in this case, may be characters "MFC" in front of 7360 confused the system. so i am thinking may be if i shorten the whole model and make it more simple to something like: Brother +7360.

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor
Use exact mach type for model number, and bid the highest on that.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
can make the KW like this: Brother [7360] ?

or: Brother +[7360]?

possible to use more than one match type in the same kw?