star_border

board modifier search type

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
got a question.

if my keyword is:
Brother +MFC7360

would the following search terms trigger my ad?
1. brother 7360
2. brother 7380 toner
3. brother printer MFC-7360DN toner

also if the search term is either singular or plural firm, will it make any difference?
1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: board modifier search type

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi,

Singulr pural will not make a difference, as for search term goes, last one wil definately tigger your ad, first two might not tigger your ads

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi there;

Part numbers / model versions (as  for those   Brother printers), to my knowledge, are not considered closed  variants. Thus, the 3 KWs - in my opinion - will not trigger the ad. Model MFC7360 is  totally different than  MFC7360DN.  (DN has a duplex - two sides-  printing capability and a network adapter, compared with only one side printing, and and USB connection in the 7360)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks so much. is there anyway to test and preview?

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
u can try ad preview tool

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
if I change the KW to:
Brother +7360

do u think it is better and will trigger the above ads?

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
I was thinking about your case; You'll have to list all KWs, of all Brother's model types, separately.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
yes that is what i am doing. but i found a problem. sometimes adwords can't trigger the correct corresponding ad. Adwords would trigger a wrong ad. may be the models name in front of the number confused the system. in this case, may be characters "MFC" in front of 7360 confused the system. so i am thinking may be if i shorten the whole model and make it more simple to something like: Brother +7360.

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor
Use exact mach type for model number, and bid the highest on that.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
can make the KW like this: Brother [7360] ?

or: Brother +[7360]?

possible to use more than one match type in the same kw?