5.8K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

bidding up to lifetime customer value

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

For each ad group I track conv value/cost over the preceding 6 months. My profit margin for the average sale is 20% of the reported conv value, so I want conv value/cost to be at least 5 to break even on the first sale. I've been letting it go up to 10 before I start raising my bid, so my target range is 5 to 10, but I feel lost in picking a target.

I've read that I should be bidding right up to match my cost to my lifetime customer value. Why would I want to just break even with Adwords? Shouldn't I be aiming for a cost significantly less than lifetime customer value?

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author squeebo
September 2015

Re: bidding up to lifetime customer value

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello;

A great explanation for conversion value was presented a few years ago by Hal Varian - Google's Chief economist. Though a few years old, the principle still valid and well explained;

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: bidding up to lifetime customer value

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks, that clarifies everything for me, and I now am using a spreadsheet to determine the best bids.