Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

bidding strategy

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello,

I have a new campaign set up with keywords mostly with QS of 4/10. I would like to wait and allow enough clicks to increase the average QS, but I only have about three weeks to run the campaign (it's a seasonal promotion). What should be my bidding strategy?

My strategy is to allocate more budget initially to keep the ads on the first page and lower bids as QS accumulates. Is this a right approach? Or can anyone offer a better suggestion from experience?

Kevin

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kevin P
September 2015

Re: bidding strategy

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Kevin,

I think the first and important point to be considered for a seasonal campaign is to start little early so that you don't run into a situation where you are awaiting ad approval from Adwords support team and the time is running away.

A separate campaign would a wise strategy whenever seasonal offers start.

You should be bidding high enough so that your ads deliver on the first page because during seasonal times, the user approach would be quick and they would like to get best deals on the first page.

This is good if you are keeping little higher budget for the seasonal campaign because you have to make sure that you are not keeping away from the competition just because of daily spend.

Also there's a useful article on Seasonal campaign in help center: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2880335?hl=en. I would suggest you to read and try to maximise your reach.

Best of Luck!

Pankaj

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Kevin P,

Welcome to the community.

Yes.This is the right approach as i think.You also need to keep your Max CPC bid for your targeted keywords much higher than the Est. Top Page Bid,to ensure that your ads are showing within the top three position.

You can also try Display Network for promoting your business.

Thanks,

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
How do I see the Top Page Bid?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
It's on the right hand position, but it does not appear as the default option. You have to click on "Columns" on top of the keywords & click on "Customise Coulmns" & then click on "Attributes" to get the First Page & Top Page bid for each keyword.

By the way, why is your QS so low? Have you tried using keywords in headline & body copy?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I am not sure... is it perhaps that the keywords have no past performance history? (I made a completely new campaign).

I am not sure what the "average" QS for newly added keywords are. I made sure to link the Ad texts - keywords - contents on website to ensure high relevancy.

Kevin