Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

bid modifier for a single keyword?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

I found that I can modify bidding for different platforms, like Mobile, Desktop, etc. by applying a BidModifier to Ad group. But this will affect all keywords below that group. Can I put 6 keywords in one Ad group and modify their biddings on different platforms independently?

Thanks,
Jay
1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author jialin z
November 2016

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Yes, this will affect all the KWs in that adgroup so be sure to group them accordingly. It can also be set at the campaign level.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Dean,

Thanks for answering. Maybe I didn't make it that clear. 

let's say I have 2 Keywords, in the same AdGroup. for the kw1 I want to change the bid from 2 to 2.5 on desktop, and kw2 I want to change the bid from 3 to 1 on desktop? Can I make such an modification?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi jialin z,

You can't do that with a group bid modifier. It will apply to all keywords within an ad group. You'll probably need to split the ad group up so you can apply the same bid modifier to all keywords within an ad group.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you Pete. 

Badged Google Partner
# 6
Badged Google Partner

Just remember J, if you are going to go into that level of detail, your account structure can get to be too big to effectively manage. If this is the top performing and most valuable exact match search term in the history of the account, then the effort and structure may be well worth it. If not, then find that term before you build out any more structure, and make sure you isolate and optimize the most valuable underlying search terms first and foremost.

Tom

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Tom. Good advice and I totally agree with you.