# 1
N/A

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: based on impressions how many click throughs on average thanks

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello New user ! Welcome to the forum !

Could you rephrase your question please ? I was not able to understand what information you need .

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

I believe what they are asking is, what kind of click rate can I expect? What is an average click rate?

There is no such thing as an average click rate. Your CTR will depend mainly on three things.

1. Keywords. If they are too generic, you'll get more impressions but a lesser click percentage. For example, if you run a dog kennel, bidding on the keyword "dog" is too vague and not specific. Your ad will show for "dog food" and "sick dog" and everything else with the word dog in it. You'll get more impressions but since your ad is not relevant, your CTR will be low. This by the way does not help your Quality Score which will be low as well and that increases your costs.

2. Position of your ads. Lower positions normally get clicked on less. You position is affected by your QS and bid.

3. The quality of your ads. You have to make people click your ad with something compelling. If your ad simply says "Bring your dog here, he'll be taken good care of" may not be as good as "Exercise twice a day, large enclosures and great food means a happy dog". I would be more inclined to click the second and probably more likely to chose that kennel.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

A very quick, less detailed and scientific answer is that generally if your CTR for a search campaign is below 1% then it is 'unhealthy'. That is totally not a 100% thing and in some extreemelly competitive markets if you are in a lower position you could have a CTR of 0.80% and that's perhaps ok in Google's eyes due to relative CTR and QS.

To be clear, a CTR of 1% would be 1 click per 100 impressions.

Jack Porter-Smith
Jack's G+