1.8K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

anyone familiar with this ad format that pops up on mobile

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Running a campaign that is hellbent on being in the first position and this ad format pops up from time to time on mobile(fairly often lately) and pushes traditional text ads down to the bottom of the page. It's titled "Ads Nearby Businesses" and shows from 1 to 3 ads in almost a map style layout. We have ads running with a lead aggregator that show in these spots in some of our areas but there doesn't seem to be a real rhyme or reason to how and when they're displayed. 

The ads never show in the preview tool or alter the avg page position rankings on the dashboard.(we can have an avg position of 1.0 in a certain city but see these ads popping up in direct searches for that city and pushing our traditional ads down)

IMG_7947.JPG

IMG_7944.JPG

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: anyone familiar with this ad format that pops up on mobile

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

It seems to be a Google Business Listing from Google My Business and not Ads from AdWords.

Ideally, the AdWords Ad would have a Headline and Description Text. But here, it seems different and looks like a Business Listing

You can also see more details on it here : https://support.google.com/business/answer/3038063?hl=en&ref_topic=4539639

Thanks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for commenting but the actual Google My Business listings still populate under these and when these are clicked you get the url string that says googlelead or adclick or something similar.

Could it be a pilot program to monetize the map listings. It's been talked about forever.

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there, 

If the URL string says Google ad click then I presume it is an Ad that is shown through AdWords Express. Such ads are more targeted to show for local areas along with the Directions.

Thanks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
So Express ads don't play in the traditional auction and in fact actually trump it on mobile is what this would mean. Is the only way to get into these ads through adwords express. Ads for my company show in them for a lead company I use and I can't imagine they're using adwords express to run their campaigns