3.1K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

'another creative'

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Does anyone else have a problem with this phrase?

What is it meant to mean?

Can we have a plain english version?

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
April 2016

Re: 'another creative'

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Vincent,

I imagine they use that word because it is an industry standard term.

What it means is you have another keyword with a higher ad rank for the same query. Sometimes this means a phrase or exact match version of the same keyword would get the impression instead of the broad match or BMM keyword. Do you have impressions for the keyword? If so, it's not a critical issue.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

View solution in original post

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

@Vincent D

what is the context  it's being used in? For Adwords, it is a synonym for ad.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello David

The context is in the reason given for a keyword not showing, 'Another creative in the ad group was selected over this one'.

If it means 'ad' why not use the word rather than a synonym. So, your suggesting it should read, "Another ad in the ad group was selected over this one'.

Still does not make sense to me as an explanation as to why a keyword is not running.

Thanks for the help so far, if you can through more light on this it would be very helpful.

Vincent
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
April 2016

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Vincent,

I imagine they use that word because it is an industry standard term.

What it means is you have another keyword with a higher ad rank for the same query. Sometimes this means a phrase or exact match version of the same keyword would get the impression instead of the broad match or BMM keyword. Do you have impressions for the keyword? If so, it's not a critical issue.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Very helpful Pete

Thank you

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

@Vincent D

you're right, that wouldn't make sense in this scenario. Let me ask you this first. Is this a recently created adgroup?  If so, that fact alone could be the reason.  I've often found that when I start a new one, it gives an incorrect reason for saying why the keyword is not triggering ads.  I'd just give it a few more hours, and things should start rolling.

If not, I'm at a loss. I've encountered error messages that talk about conflict from keywords in another adgroup, but never from one in the same adgroup. Even with multiple instances of overlap, if it triggers ads, then you should see a yes.