Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

am i structuring my account ok ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi peeps.

I am offering services within a relatively big city and within that city are around 10 or so relatively populated areas where i would like to serve ads. I have made use of the location targeting and excluded areas i do not wish to cover.

My current account structure example below would be

campaign - plumbing london

ad groups within the campaign - london, dagenham, holloway, brentford, twickenham, 

and in each ad group i write an ad with the title 'plumber in dagenham'  etc

This seems like a logical set up to me?

Thanks 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: am i structuring my account ok ?

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

Looks good, the only other thing I would recommend is to set your Location Options to "People in my targeted location " that way you will not get someone from a city with a similar name as what you are targeting. Here is some other reading material that may help understand location options.  More about advanced location options

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Nicholas M,

The structure makes sense but it might not work the way you expect. Do you plan to create each ad group with the same keywords with the location (e.g. london) in each of your keywords? That might work. But there will also be queries that include your keywords but without the location. Those queries should still generate impressions. You might want to include one ad group for general queries like this.

Are you also using location bid modifiers in each ad group? That will help assure the right ad is shown for the location.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Good tip, i had to change my campaign from standard to all features to get this option. Just realised something was odd when i had a click from the USA - bugged me. Only one though so not the end of the world.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
My intention is ad groups for each location within the city. So adgroup 'dagenham' within campaign plumbing london would have an ad of 'plumber in dagenham' with a handful of exact match or broad match modified. I would target the city in its own adgroup the same way i am with the more targeted locations. What do you think?