2.8K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

adwords score relevancy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Most of my adwords have low scores, most of them are between 3 and 6, but a lot of them are still being shown on the first page. Now, I am not complaining, but I keep doing everything I can to raise the scores, but they stay the same. Should I leave just leave them alone since they're showing up anyway?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: adwords score relevancy

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Keep trying, but without pulling down the kimono - there are some industries that you just can't get that high a quality score no matter what you do.

So keep going for testing. Get your CTR's up etc., but you may just be stuck with those.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Karl (Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Gabe,

As your QS goes up, your clicks will cost less. Your QS will go up as the CTR goes up. So, the thing for you to do here is try to improve the CTR for your keywords and ads. Do that by writing multiple versions of your ads. Analyse the results, keep the good performers, dump the bad ones, then try again with new ad copy.

Also consider making smaller ad groups so your ads would be more relevant to your keywords.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks, that is excellent advice. I would not have thought to make different versions for the same ad. I guess it helps to get creative.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

If it's a new account, then the keyword rating will probably be low as this rating is based on the history of the account and other outside factors that are largely out of your control.

The ad copy is another issue but you've probably looked at that. That leaves landing pages:

If you're using a lot of parameters for a landing page (e.g. domain.com/page?id=2290&content=real) - or a system generated page - then it will take a while before you get a high score for this.

The best option is to improve your score where it's easy to improve:

Pick a keyword that you know is relevant to your home page. Create multiple ads in that Ad Group to see which one has the highest Ad Quality Score. You can control the Ad and Landing page quality, and the more data your account has the better your overall score will get, and that will carry over to other campaign assets.

If you aim to do all of this you'll soon see your quality score and your Avg Position increase Smiley Happy