Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

ads in Cyrillic

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi.

I have a simple question. If I set serbian or russian as the campaign language, will my ads display in cyrillic in the search engine? If not, how do I get them to display in Cyrillic and set them up in english or croatian?

Thanks..

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: ads in Cyrillic

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi,

Your ads will be displayed in the language they are written in, Google doesn't translate ads or keywords.

The language setting in the adwords' interface allows you to target the customers who speak a certain language and the language of the sites that you'd like your ads to appear on. It has nothing to do with the language of your ads, so your ads' language should match your language targeting setting in order that your customers can understand it.

For instance, if you choose your language targeting as Russian, your ads will show for people who speak Russian. Therefore your ads need to be written in Russian.

If you want to show this type of ad in multiple languages, it's recommended creating separate campaigns for each language. That way you can make sure the language you target is the same as the language your ad is written in.

Read about how Google detects languages:-
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722078?hl=en