Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

adding many campaigns to negative list

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Tjena (swedish for hi : )

If you have a lot of campaigns (we´re talking hundreds) and a few lists of negative that you want to apply to all or almost all of them - how would do this most quickly?

/ David

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: adding many campaigns to negative list

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Thanks for taking the time to ask with our community. Just go to shared library on the left side. From here you can create negative keywords and can share them with the campaigns you need. Once you have added the negative list here, just go to bottom and click on the apply campaigns. Hope it helps. Let me know if you overcome any issues.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Tjena Smiley Happy

David, In addition to StructuredPPC advice, you can also do it with the help of adwords editor quickly:

Here is he Process:

Download Campaign In adwords editor >> Select Account Name >> Go to Keywords >> Select Negatives >> Select "add muliple campaign Negative keywords under make multiple changes drop down. Now select Account Name if you want to add it in all campaign (deselect few where you do not want to add). 

Hit Process >> Finish. Post Changes! Smiley Happy

Hope that helps!

Thanks

Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

"just go to bottom and click on the apply campaigns."

But if you have many campaigns and many negative lists, that is kind for cumbersome. I thought there might be a "apply to all"-button or likewise somewhere.

Regarding the Editor, I believe those keywords will be added for each and every campaigns then, not to a general lists (which could then be applied to many campaigns)?

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Again,

That was a quick process to add same negative keyword list to many campaigns.

But if you have different negative list for diferent camaigns and you want to add it quickly using Editor. You need to prepare it in a excel sheet. some manual work required.

See attached screenshot for Excel sheet

And Don't forgot to select option marked in below sceenshot in EDITOR:

I hope this is what you looking for! Smiley Happy

Thanks

Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

One thing I forgot to add in last post,

If you want to add Adgroup level negative, just add one more column for adgroup name.

Campaign Name | Adgroup Name | Negative Keyword

Just that to add Campaign level: you need to select "Add miltiple campaign level negative keywords" & check box shown in above screenshot.

To add Adgroup level: you need to select "Add miltiple negative keywords" & check box shown in above screenshot.

Hope that helps!

Thanks

Neha

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

ok.. thanks

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by RachelM (Google Employee)
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hello.

I think that what David wanted to achieve is to add a large number of keywords, in several lists, to many campaigns and still manage them easily.

Adding those keywords separately, either through AdWords editor or the web interface defeats the purpose of creating a list in the first place. They keywords have to stay in a list because one wants to manage them in that list.

That's because whenever you find a new negative keyword, all you have to do is add it to a list associated with 10 campaigns, and they all have it.

If you enter 10.000 negative keywords into 100 campaigns separately, the moment you find a new negative keyword you have to add it in 100 different campaigns instead of adding it to the keywords list.

Unfortunately, David, the editor, as good as it is, does not support keywords list yet. And unfortunately, the web interface does not have a larger control filled with checkboxes which might make your life easier.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Calin,
that´s what I was looking for.

The other thread was closed so I couldn´t post it for you in it, but here is a link that might give some tips on how to measure site links
http://www.lunametrics.com/blog/2012/02/07/measuring-adwords-sitelinks/

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Thanks, David.

I do measure them, in similar fashion, I guess (if not identical). I have parameters for each sitelink, and use ids, not texts.

So, for instance, my sitelink URL is regularURL.html?xt=1 instead of regularURL.html?xt=contactus. Maybe not that good, since in situations when I change them, I'll have two different sitelinks sharing an ID, but that does not happen too often, and I can edit them faster & automate part of the process.

Of course, impressions are missing, so you never know what sitelink has shown more often. But at least you can single out those who get you clicks.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.