Guide Me
star_border

ad position

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi!

I am stuck here can anyone please help?

For some keywords I have a Quality score of 10. My Max CPC is 5 to 15 INR more than the estimated top page bid. Why is my average ad position between 4.5 and 8? What can I do to improve my ad position?

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Mita Mehta

Re: ad position

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Please read : http://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454010?hl=en

From my experience, a low quality score tells me that the keywords are not relevant to the text on the landing page or that after 100 impressions with no clicks , my competition has more clicks, therefore i must change the text of the ads to make them more attractive.

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Mita

When looking through this forum for answers (as this is a recurring question here) there is no exact answer to find. Basically the estimated top page bid ist just an estimation. The auctions for ad ranks can be very dynamic depending on time, date, location and several other factors, which is why an accurate estimation is not easy to make. 

The only way really to make sure you get a higher position is to increase your bid, as your quality score (10/10 if I'm right) can't be improved anymore. 

Here is a link to some discussions in this community about this question: https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?filter=labels&q=above+estimate...

Regards

Aleks

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Note a simple formula
Adposition= Quality Score X Max Bid.

If Qs is 10/10, then increase Bid & ignore top page estimated bid.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mita M
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

There are a number of things that could be stopping you showing in high positions. 

if your ads are new they may still be "eligible" which means that they will show in a lower position until they are "approved". So after checking your QS and Bid Price, check your Ads approval status.

If your ad is approved and your QS and bid price are OK you may have some other keyword in your account that is competing with the one you want to show for.  So you could try running the keyword diagnosis tool.

if everything is OK - Wait a while and monitor the keyword and Ads to see if there is any improvement.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
yes!!! your reply was very helpful. How can i contact you for more advice?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi. So is an ad position of 2-3 good? And does that mean my ad is placed at the top of google or just on the first page? Please explain this to me very clearly... i keep getting confused. Thanks.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
andy- though maybe in an unorthodox way. I logged to my new personal profile on in a different browser, unliked my old profile/new page, re-liked it, and then went to the admin section of the page in the first browser, clicked on See All for new likes, found myself at the top of the list, and elected myself as a manager.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Mita,
It might also help to check on your position segmented by time of day, device, or geography. I often see our our position vary significantly for different segments.

Also, I would make sure that you are using any ad extensions that you are eligible for.