Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

ad extension mobile preference

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

If I have 3 sitelinks in my extension, but only 1 of them is "mobile preferred", will that decrease the probability of the other sitelinks to get impressions on mobile devie, compared to if no sitelink was set to "mobile preferred"?

I.e, will the system sometimes rather only show 1 "mobile preferred" sitelink rather than all 3 sitelinks of which only 1 is "mobile preferred" when serving on mobile ?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: ad extension mobile preference

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi David

If there is only extension that can appear with your ad during an impression, then yes mobile preferred extension will be given preference on mobile devices as compared to other extensions.

Abhishek

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
But what if 2 extensions can be shown for an impressions on a mobile device - will the fact that I have only 1 mobile preferred decrease the probability of having more than 1 extension shown?

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
theoretically sounds like yes, however I cant think about times that I only see one sitelink only in the campaigns. It usually comes with several.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
No, that will not decrease the probability of showing another extension, the point is if you have mobile extensions then they will be given preference over the normal extension on mobile devices....

Abhishek