Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

acceptable CTR and Conversion Rate (CR) for fashion e-commerce website

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Guys

I’ve got a little confused. What would be an acceptable/reasonable CTR and also Conversion Rate (CR) for an e-commerce fashion website? I’ve read through lots of articles and could not find even two similar answers. I know there’s no one-size-fits-all answer here but it would be good if I can know some of your thoughts.

Thank you and Regards

Nariman 

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: acceptable CTR and Conversion Rate (CR) for fashion e-commerce web

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Nariman,

You are correct in saying that there is "no one-size-fits-all answer" but thankfully Google created a column for us which allows us to compare our CTR against relevant competitors in the industry. In order to enable this go to the Columns drop down button, hit Customise Columns and then navigate to Competitive Metrics. From this list you should see Relative CTR at the bottom, click Add and once you have enough data you will be able to make the comparisons.

Comp CTR.png

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear Scott

Actually I wrongly pushed the button while my question still exists! And I do not know how to un-do that!
BTW, Thanks for your reply and valuable info.
As you know Relative CTR measures how your ads perform on Display Network sites compared to other ads on the same sites, so what about Search Network? How we can compare or get insight about acceptable CTR and CR in search networks?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Correct, Relative CTR is only for Display network campaigns. Think of it as the QS for the display network where the baseline is 1.0 so the higher the number, the better your ads. The answer to your question for the search network is, look at QS. A value of 5 is the baseline which means your CTR is average at that QS. Don't think in terms of absolute CTR such as 2% (which is influenced by position anyway) but look at QS (which is not influenced by position).

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Depending from many factors. by my experience i can say that the avg CR is 1,5% till 2% .

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi ScottyD,
How do you get to this page within Google Analytics? Thanks.