3.2K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

about old remarketing tag

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

i am managing the e commerce site and i have already add the old re marketing tag in my website.

but now i want to use new re marketing tag which is best for specifying new rule used in audience option is ad word so i have add the tag manager code in my website for ease and convenient.

please suggest me that should i delete the previous code or add new code without any problem

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: about old remarketing tag

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Sachin,

If yo have already added the old adwords remarketing code in your website then there is no need to do anything.

now you have to only create the Remarketing list with the pages that you want to target.
But the old code was not placed on all the pages of your website, you can delete the old Remarketing code and place the new Remarketing code on all the pages.

Please follow the below link for more info:-

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2476688?hl=en

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: about old remarketing tag

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Dear Sachin 

As already mentioned above use the following URL for more guidance 

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2476688?hl=en

Here is a description of what is there in PDF

You can start to create new URL-based lists for the pages where a remarketing tag is already present. Creating a wider variety of lists can help you improve your ad performance through the creation of individual campaigns tailored to each of the associated audiences. If you have the remarketing tag in all pages of your website, you’ll be able to easily create lists from all site sections, which will give you more flexibility. There are two ways to do this.

• Adding a tag on pages with existing tags: You can just place the new tag on all your site pages, without changing any of the existing tags. This is the easiest way to get started.However, removing older tags after implementing the new tag might help your webpages load faster.
  • Replacing existing tags: Instead of implementing a new tag and keeping the existing tags on your site pages, another option is to add the new tag and remove existing tags. If you decide to replace the tags, you'll need to make sure that you don't disrupt your live campaigns. Just follow these steps:
  1. Add the new tag to all pages of your site and remove the old tags in one step.
  2. Define new remarketing lists based on your site URLs. The older remarketing lists will retain the set of cookies they already had, with cookies being removed from the list based on the list membership duration.
  3. Add these new lists to your existing campaigns. This will set up those campaigns to target the original list OR the new list, which means you’ll reach the site visitors who were on the original list, as well as the new site visitors added to your new list.
  4. After 30 days (assuming that's your list membership duration), the new lists will be fully populated and the original lists will be empty.
  5. Remove the original lists from the campaigns.
  6. Close the original lists.

Although we recommend removing existing tags and adding the new tag at once, it may be technically challenging to do so. It should be easily done if you're using a content management system (which allows to quickly remove and add tags to the website). Replacing tags on the source code, however, can be time consuming.

Below are instructions on how to manually make changes to your tag:

1. Add the new tag to all pages of your site.
  2. Create new remarketing lists based on URLs.
  3. Wait for those lists to be populated with site visitors (for example, if you typically set your lists with a 30-day duration, wait for 30 days).
  4. Change your existing campaigns to target these new lists.
  5. Remove the old tags.
  6. Close the old lists.

Hope this helps

Thanks 
Kushal