AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

5.3K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

about RLSA

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

hello community!

I have some questions about remarketing list for search ads. during a chat i understood that there are 2 ways for gathering cookies of my past customers: 1) the first one which is always explained in help centers, is by having a code on our web's desired webpages and 2) by using analytics and then linking it to our adwords account. my first question: is it right? (I mean, does the 2nd way exist??) 

2) gathering the cookies is going on slowly! after a week, there are just 100 in my list, while my ads are working great (CTR is around 6% and i have around 600-700 clicks a week). should i really wait for 1000 cookies???

3) after making the remarketing list, setting the target and adjusting the bid is enough?

Thank you for your responses

Shahrzad

1 Expert replyverified_user

about RLSA

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Yes, RLSA requires at least 1000 users.

Check this help article about RLSA strategies;

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2476691?hl=en

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

about RLSA

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey @Shahrzad Fatemi

It is true audiences could be slow to build - but could this be because they are very specific rules you set?

For example, the more restrictive conditions the longer it will take to build in size. 

I would encourage you, if you haven't already, to consider a multitide of audiences and see which ones add value to your overall aims and objectives. You will find the 2nd option, via GA, to be a very useful asset in definitions Smiley Happy

Best of luck

James

about RLSA

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

thank u! i checked and find a problem with the tag! it was really slower than normal! Smiley Happy)

about RLSA

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello James

i haven't set restrictive rules, but finally i could find a problem with the tag on our website! i knew something was going wrong but i couldn't find it Smiley Happy

thank u so much