Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Your opinion on using Location Extension and call extension - KPI ROAS

Rising Star
# 1
Rising Star

Hi Guys,

I wanted to know your idea on this. Lets say we are doing some campaigns and we use ROAS as the main KPI. In these kind of campaigns how effective you think about using location and call extension ( And no I'm not targeting mobile devices)

Because When I think about that location extension wouldnt be the best extension I can use for direct traffic in to the website and lead in to a conversion. I agree that using location extension will give more visibility to the text in and in the end it will be more useful to some users. But does it really useful for advertisers who focus on ROAS ?

I would love to see your ideas on this.

Thanks in advance!

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Your opinion on using Location Extension and call extension - KPI

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Nisal,

Interesting question, thanks for highlighting this.

From what I understand, using a Location extension would not make much sense for a ROAS based campaign unless and until you can specifically set a fixed value for each click (making each click a conversion) that the Location extension receives but that again would not be a good way of measuring your overall ROI.

Same applies for Call extension as you can only assign a value to it and import it as a conversion in your account. Then again, assigning a value to each conversion would not be a real way of calculating your overall ROI.

Unless you have a way of tying back each conversion with the actual ROI ( which in most likely going to be a manual process at the back end), using these extensions would not really add any value to your account.

Would be great to hear from others on this.

Cheers,

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Hi Shashanka,

Thanks for your input. I agree with you and I don' t think assigning a value for those extension would be fair on client end. In most cases advertisers only assign value for direct conversions and ignore clicks from location extension even in most of the cases view through conversions ignored without assigning a value due to the lack of capability of assigning a real value.

Anyone else having a opinion on this ?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

This is a nice question;
My personal view: if you find that an ad converts better without extensions - use it.. I once had an advertiser whose best converting ads were in the 4th position. (Top right slot).
If you think that you still wish to compete for  one of the 3 top positions, but  with an ad without location extension - use the "classic sitelinks".

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star
HI @MosheTLV

Thanks for your idea. Yeah even in some cases I've seen ads perform better in lower places without displaying ad extensions but how far can we assume that same ad might not performed better with extensions in a higher position?

Coming back to my first point I was wondering is it really worth to drive traffic to location ( Google Maps) or for a call in mobile without defining revenue values when we only focus on ROAS as a KPI?

Thanks for valuable idea and time Smiley Happy

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Nisal;
I am a bit late on your follow-up question;
Generally, I would not recommend to drive traffic when  KPI is not achieved.

Having said that:  there are sites that their goal is only to drive traffic and gain exposure... Smiley Surprised

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’