AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Your keyword isn't triggering ads to appear on Google right now

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Right now my ad not showing ...

error show - 

"Your keyword isn't triggering ads to appear on Google right now due to a low Ad Rank. Ads are ranked based on your bid and Quality Score."

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Rising Star)
September 2015

Re: Your keyword isn't triggering ads to appear on Google right now

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Neetu,

Ad Rank is an important metric which Google calculates and on this basis decides which advertiser's ad will be eligible to show on which ad position.

There could be many reasons for a low ad rank which includes low Quality Score, low keyword bid, low CTR, lack of relevancy etc...

You first need to find out what exactly is the reason and then based on that, you will have to work accordingly to improve the Ad Rank. Also note that Ad Rank is dynamic in nature and everytime a search query is made, it is re calculated.

I will suggest you to go through this reference to optimize your account so that Quality Score of your keywords improves and more of your ads get eligible to show.

Best of Luck!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Rising Star)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Neetu,

Ad Rank is an important metric which Google calculates and on this basis decides which advertiser's ad will be eligible to show on which ad position.

There could be many reasons for a low ad rank which includes low Quality Score, low keyword bid, low CTR, lack of relevancy etc...

You first need to find out what exactly is the reason and then based on that, you will have to work accordingly to improve the Ad Rank. Also note that Ad Rank is dynamic in nature and everytime a search query is made, it is re calculated.

I will suggest you to go through this reference to optimize your account so that Quality Score of your keywords improves and more of your ads get eligible to show.

Best of Luck!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for suggestion ... 

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Pankaj, 

I know that your having good knowledge of adwords but i want to consult one thing form you that ad rank is totally depend upon two aspects one is Quality score and another is bid.

Ad rank : Qualit Score x Bid of particular keyword

For ex. 

AdvertisersKeywordQuality ScoreBidPointAd Rank
Axyz414563rd
Bxyz712842nd
Cxyz10101001st

So will you please tell me that am i right or wrong ? because till now i am very much sure on these formula but as you told that it depends upon many factor like CTR so will you please elaborate that how can it depend upon CTR.

Thanks & Regards

-Vicky

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Vicky,

You are aboslutely right in explaining this in the diagram Smiley Happy

But as a matter of fact, how will Google determine the advertiser's Quality Score? How will it decide whether Advertiser A has a QS of 4, advertiser B with QS of 7 and advertiser C with QS of 10? It depends largely upon the factors which I said above i.e. the relevancy, account historical CTR and others.

All it matters is the interdependencies of various metrics which let's Google decide the Ad Rank of the advertisers.

Hope that makes sense!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have high quality score (10/10) but my ads is not showing because of low ad rank. This is what appear in the pop-up "Your keyword isn't triggering ads to appear on Google right now due to a low Ad Rank."

Can I know why?

Thanks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Fatin Y wrote:

Hi,

I have high quality score (10/10) but my ads is not showing because of low ad rank. This is what appear in the pop-up "Your keyword isn't triggering ads to appear on Google right now due to a low Ad Rank."

Can I know why?

Thanks

I've recently been going through this quite thoroughly on another post. After looking at all the issues with my own 10/10 keyword not showing, I finally found out that a bid price that Google deems is too low, even if it is higher than the estimated first page bid suggested by google, they simply won't show your ad. They say that this is to ensure a good customer experience. But if customer experience is the main focus, surely quality score is the metric that does that. Bid price should only determine position, not whether the bid price will give the browser a good quality experience. If your bid price is low, it should just mean your ad is at the bottom of the queue or on the 2nd page depending how many other ads there are. A low bid price should not mean that your ad won't appear at all. It amounts to pricing blackmail. Pay us more or your ad is history.  I've become very disillusioned with they way google is running adwords. I've taken it up with google but keep hitting brick walls.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Rob P,

Your post is very intriguing and makes a very relevant and important point for small advertisers. The bid platform provided by Google is based off the PPC ad bid model designed by the now defunct but legendary company Ideallab which created goto.com back in 1996. User search results were paired with relevant ads. Back then, ads were ranked by "the highest bid". More relevant to your post, the Google initiative took this business model further by adding quality as a very important component of their service which holds their existence. Over 90% of their income comes from Adwords, thus maintaining it maintains there existence. Being able to equate the playing ground for the small advertiser versus the big budget advertisers actually makes them more money in the long run and creates a better user experience for their users who they wish to return again and again. This is done with "quality user experience". Even further, the 10 billlion plus monthly searches that they receive makes it an expansive market pool for nearly all advertisers big or small. Therefore, quality user experience is a MUST for them to maintain such a business model engine. Evening the playing field for the small advertiser against the big budgets also provides for the expansion of available content, useful data, comparables and offerings otherwise controlled by the big spenders.

If you feel that Google has not met this practice with you, then they not only failed you but themselves. No business or service is perfect especially one built by man but it is us who encourage perfection from them. It is possible that your situation could be an error or delayed effort.

Reggie McBride

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
http://travelnrelax.com why I cant make google adworld

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have made a campaign for CCL 2015 but Ad rank is too low. May be its because of keywords are not searched too much on Google but I'm targeting an upcoming event. what to do now?