Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Your ads are showing less because keyword bid is too low

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

For display keywords getting status like

"Your ads are showing less on the Display Network than they could because your keyword bid is too low"

in this case how we can increase the bid for keywords at what basis?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Your ads are showing less because keyword bid is too low

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

If you set your bids at the Ad Group level, you can increase them from the Ad Groups tab.

If you set your bids at the Keyword level, you can increase them from the Keywords tab.

Click on the bid amount column for the keyword you want to change and type in the new amount.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

i know that, But i am asking,what basis i can increase the bids for display keywords?

for example

One keyword getting 4 conversion with Max cpc of 0.35(status: you bids is low) pounds 

For the same keyword i increased the bid to 0.60 pounds in next day 

but the results are not good, like 11 pounds spent and no conversions.

So i am asking what basis i can increase the bid for particulat display keywords ???

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author balaji j
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Balaji,

Try to increase the bids on those keywords that has good conversion rate. Also you if you increase the bids on the Keywords, you have to also optimize the campaigns like, excluding the placements. As some placements sites are not relevant that you need to remove.

One thing, i would like to add here, Display keyword is not working in the same way like Search keyword. It works on the based of "Content" and AdWords places your ads in different placement sites. And some sites are not relevant where your ads shows. So keep them to run 4-5 days, then exclude the placements.

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author balaji j
September 2015

Top Contributor Alumni
# 5
Top Contributor Alumni

In addition to Rakesh's good advice, the simple answer would be to bid what you can afford.  Never bid more than the value of the click (compared to the profit it generates).

Figure out what a click is "worth" to you and bid that much.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*