AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Your ads are set to show only to users in the locations you've chosen.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

This problem has started about 3 days ago. When I hover the cursor at little bubble it says "Your ads are set to show only to users in the locations you've chosen". I have target location for my ads as United States and even when I try to view my ads using ad preview tool by selecting domain google.com, Language English and country United States I get same error Your ads are set to show only to users in the locations you've chosen.

I have been using my adwords from few months. can anyone help with this?

Re: Your ads are set to show only to users in the locations you've cho

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I still see impressions and clicks however I am unable to check whether my ads are showing in united states or not.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi ASM,

Did you check the status 3 days back or you were checking every day and you found it’s not working since 3 days back only.

There could be various reasons why you are getting this message-

• Location target- If your campaigns have location target set to city in the US or radius targeted, then you can check it in Ad Preview with same location (Not just United States) mentioned from drop down menu. And check whether ad is visible.
  • Location terms in keywords- If your keywords include location terms eg “hotels in New York” etc. You can try checking Ad Preview for keywords without location terms in it. Set the same target location in diagnosis again. If you are targeting location then, you can exclude the location terms in the keywords.
  • User locations from where clicks received- If you can see impressions and clicks in campaigns report then the ads are getting displayed. If you want to see from where these clicks are received, you can see report in  Campaign >> Dimension tab >> “View” dropdown >> User location/Geographic. It will give you an idea about the users location.
  • Advanced location setting- Also you can check what is advanced location set for campaign.

You can refer to few useful links below for more info-

Advanced location target setting-

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722038?expand=loc1&ctx=tltp

Ads not showing-

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/177626?hl=en-GB

Target ads to geographic locations-

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722043?hl=en-GB

Hope this helps.

SJ

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi SJAdWiser, I have checked this about 3 days ago and since then I am getting this message. I have been using adwords account this way only from few months and I am sure I havnt changed anything. I have set targeted location as United States and when I check it using ad preview tool it says "Your ads are set to show only to users in the locations you've chosen". I get the same message when i hover my mouse at the bubble near the keyword.

I am getting impressions and click from US only, i even got a conversion. When it keeps saying "Your ads are set to show only to users in the locations you've chosen". so bcoz of this I cant see whether my ads are running or not. And 1 thing more which I have noticed that when I change to advance location to "People in, searching for or viewing pages about my targeted location" I can see that my ads are running when i hover mouse to bubble or check it using ad preview tool