Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Your Views

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi, 

If default product price is $50 and just in case the keywords CPC is $25 even at a quality score of 7 or above. So, in this case does it makes any sense to run Adwords for the services..?

Frank

Re: Your Views

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
I would say NO.. not at all.

It would be totally senseless to run campaigns with $25 CPC for a product costs $50.
How to set bid for your products/services I would encourage you to watch this short yet best video tutorial http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRx7AMb6rZ0

Thank you!
Anand Vishwakarma

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Is that 25 $ keyword the only choice for selling that 50$ product ? It is rare that the keyword planner doesn't give you alternatives with low competition for a low price.

Beware that the keyword planner hides all the keywords that are already in your account by default, technically this is good , because it only brings you new keywords but I am not sure if you have a broad match keyword that it is hiding also phrase match suggestions or not, because they would be different.

What do you mean by "So, in this case does it makes any sense to run Adwords for the services..?" . What services ? Did you mean to run adwords with this 25 $ keyword for this 50$ product ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I would say it depends on conversion rate that your experience for your site and average lifetime value of customer. I know its practically impossible for site selling products to have 50% conversion rate but above are just pointers for you to ponder..

As suggested by Adrian you may want to spend some time looking for keyword variations having low competition and per click cost. Some suggestions check for actual searched terms in adwords if you are bidding for same, add typos of term, use two or more phrase combination of keyword that may less expensive. Or else as you thinking you should look at promoting product on an economical channel or alternative..