AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.3K members online now
1.3K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

YouTube Trueview Retargeting Options

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Can we use the audience function and retargeting lists in ad words to retarget users who have visited a clients web page spefically on YouTube Trueview or is it only possible to retarget users via GDN only?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: YouTube Trueview Retargeting Options

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Here you are all options for Remarketing to YouTube viewers;
"Remarketing to YouTube viewers with AdWords"
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2545661?hl=en
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

This is interesting. The help page only explains how we can generate remarketing lists from viewers of videos and that we can also use these lists to target visitors in non-video adwords campaign. It doesn't say that we can use non-video remarketing lists to target video viewers.

I think what Jason is asking is if he can use a non-video remarketing list from adwords to target viewers on youtube. As far as I can see I do have access to non-video remarketing lists as targeting in the video campaign, so this is also possible .

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for your responses. Yes Adrian B, I want to understand if we can use the ad words remarketing lists to gather users who have completed an action or gotten to a landing page off of youtube and then hit those same users back on YouTube. I'm wondering if we can only hit those users through GDN and not YouTube.

The link from "MosheTLV" refers to retargeting users only who complete an action within YouTube so I wanted to see if we can go outside of that.

Any other thoughts?

Thanks again!

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes it seems possible, although I never tried it. I write this because if you go to Targets you can add as targeting a remarketing list from the normal adwords campaigns. So you can in fact target any previous site visitors,if they are on a Display remarketing list, when they watch youtube to serve them video ads.

Your idea is very useful and interesting.