AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

YouTube True-view campaign - Post campaign Analysis

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Team,

I am in the middle of doing a post campaign analysis and data I am looking at is really wired.

I ran a YouTube Truview campaign for my client and chosen topic targeting to reach out to the specific audience whom I want to speak to.

The following are the topics which I was selected:

1. Webservices
  2. Business News
  3. Computer Security

The campaign objective was to run the Trueview campaign only on YouTube platform and get relevant views for awareness of a service.

However the Ads ended up running both in GDN and YouTube. The worst part is the In stream Skippable video ad ran before and after of some Adult video too.

I have two questions.

1. How to exclude GDN sites and run it only on Youtube for a TrueView campaign
  2. Even after selecting the topics to reach the right audience, why the Video Ads played before and after of some Adult video content. This will badly affect the branding of the company.

Please share your valuable comments and answers.

Regards,

Gokuldas K

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Gokuldas K
September 2015

Re: YouTube True-view campaign - Post campaign Analysis

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Gokuldas,

I can only answer 100% certain  to the first one :

How to exclude GDN sites and run it only on Youtube for a TrueView campaign"

I have noticed that once I deselect the formats "In-Search" and "In-Display" I am presented with this option :

youtube-targeting-TRAP.png

Now all you have to do is to also click on the selection box for "Google Display network" to deselect it from allowing "In-Stream" Ads. The result is that you receive impressions only in youtube .

2) Regarding problem 2, I have added some negative Targets at the campaign level. You can find this option at the bottom left of the Targets tab and it looks like this :

negative-targets.png

Add negative keywords adult keywords , add Category exclusions such as "Adult content (DV-MA)" or even "Games" which is not useful. Also negative placements can be added.

I also like to add here a remarketing list made from all past viewers of the Video Ad , in order to reach more people. 

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Gokuldas K
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Gokuldas,

I can only answer 100% certain  to the first one :

How to exclude GDN sites and run it only on Youtube for a TrueView campaign"

I have noticed that once I deselect the formats "In-Search" and "In-Display" I am presented with this option :

youtube-targeting-TRAP.png

Now all you have to do is to also click on the selection box for "Google Display network" to deselect it from allowing "In-Stream" Ads. The result is that you receive impressions only in youtube .

2) Regarding problem 2, I have added some negative Targets at the campaign level. You can find this option at the bottom left of the Targets tab and it looks like this :

negative-targets.png

Add negative keywords adult keywords , add Category exclusions such as "Adult content (DV-MA)" or even "Games" which is not useful. Also negative placements can be added.

I also like to add here a remarketing list made from all past viewers of the Video Ad , in order to reach more people. 

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Adrian,

You are awesome.

Thanks for showing me the option of excluding the GDN networks. I am wondering hoe did i miss this option. thanks a lot for showing me this.

For the second question, even I did adding the negative categories like Adult content (DV-MA)" . But still ended up serving in the adult content video.

I am speaking with Google team directly to figure out how to exclude this. If I get a clear idea, I will come back and post here.

Thanks once again!

Regards,
Gokuldas K