Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

YouTube Demographics Age

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello AdWords ppl,

I set my bigger Video Ad (In-Stream). Now I see that my Video Ad is moslty show to ppl in age 13 - 17 (youtube analytics).

How can I stop showing my Video Ad. to this group (age 17 and less).

AdWords-YouTube-Target-Age.jpg

Thank you

Find me at Google+ l LinkedIn

- Lukas

Re: YouTube Demographics Age

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Lukas,

The basics of targeting with AdWords for video
When you create a video ad campaign with AdWords for video, you'll need to set up your ad's targeting during the campaign creation process. You'll need to use a targeting group that defines the targeting methods for all ads in a campaign. There are no ad groups in AdWords for video campaigns like there are for traditional AdWords campaigns.

Yo can get more information from google learning center. Please go through this link.

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2454017?hl=en

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes you are right, targeting can be done only for segments above 18 years old but it seems that the youtube analytics can report this "extra" age segment too.

I think you can try excluding the "unknown" age segment, this one should include the 13-17 years.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Thank you boys for ideas, I hoped that exclude unknow group of ppl will be my last choice. I did it and I will see what happends.

I have only 59% (21 000) uinque viewers. For me is that very bad number. I wanna have at least 70 % Smiley Happy There are so many unique viewers on youtube so i dont understand why do they have to repeat it to same viewers in such small group.

Therefore I am afraid that after this change I will have only 50% of unique visitors.
Is there any options which allows me to increase percentage of unique visitors?

Lukas
- Lukas
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lukas Melichar
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

If from your daily budget now you are getting let's say 30.000 viewers with 50% unique, by setting a frequency capping to 1 view per user per month you should be getting in the same budget 30.000 viewers 100% unique if the traffic allows it.

If by setting frequency capping your traffic becomes smaller, try expanding your targeting methods, add more targeting , more keywords or more topics, or whatever you use as targeting. Also promoting more videos can help for more total views.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Lukas, you can also turn on Retargeting for You Tube in the AdWords account and use audiences that have viewed your video as a negative audience target under your campagin exclusions.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lukas Melichar
September 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Here's the image for using remarketing lists as exclusions. This may help with your unique views.

2014-01-15_1005.png

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Heres the help article to create You Tube remarketing audiences.
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2545661?hl=en