5.2K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

YouTube Banner Ads Low Impressions

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

So I've been successfully using Display Ads since February of this year and am feeling very comfortable with the Display Network. With YouTube banner ads finally being allowed again, I'd really like to get my display ads (responsive ads) showing on relevant, highly targeted YouTube videos. To be clear, I'm using display ads to show with relevant videos, not TrueView or video ads of any kind.

Using the Display Planner, I've added 8 placements which are the specific YouTube channels I'd like to target and you can see there is a huge inventory: 5-10M impressions averaging $0.02 CPC (see below). Sounds like a dream to get 41,500 clicks for only $700/week.

Screen Shot 2017-06-10 at 10.14.52 PM.jpg

The problem is that I created the campaign, inserted my ads... and nothing. I've actually set my Max CPC to about $0.30 with mobile $ tablet bid adjustments to about $0.15 - all MUCH higher than the estimated given. After an entire day, only 2 of the YouTube channels are receiving any impressions at all, 100% of which are mobile (see below). Yet is still definitely higher than the predicted average CPC shown using the Display Planner above.

Screen Shot 2017-06-10 at 10.22.59 PM.jpg

What gives? Does this still have to do with YouTube's recent advertising changes/pauses? Is the Display Planner just... off? Did I somehow insert channels which aren't monetized? If so, is there a way for us to know definitively if a channel IS monetized? Odd that Google would allow us to target ones which aren't. Is something else amiss that I don't know about?

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

YouTube Banner Ads Low Impressions

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi Christopher,

Thanks for reaching out to the AdWords Community.

We apologize for our delay in responding to your question. If you're still encountering the above mentioned issue, please let us know. We'd be more than happy to look into this right away.

Thanks again for your patience, we look forward to hearing back.

Best,

Bhargavi