Guide Me
star_border

Y Budget not used up but Lost impression(Budget) is High

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi!

I'm using google search marketing.

May  i know why is it that my lost impression share(budget) is high however when i check on my average position is in 1.3 and my budget is not near to using up. I set a budget of $40. But it only used up $5.

Impression share:34%

Lost impression share(rank):0.5%

Hope to hear from you guys.

THanks!

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Y Budget not used up but Lost impression(Budget) is High

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Have you made any changes to your budget amount during the time period that you are reviewing the impression share?

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Clink Digital Marketing
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'

Re: Y Budget not used up but Lost impression(Budget) is High

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Caleb-Seah,

Hm.... The only logical scenario seems to be that your daily budget ($40) is by far too low to support the spending potential of your keywords. If this is the case the AdWords machine is usually way too reluctant to switch into gear, in fear of an overdelivery of clicks at the end of the day. This theory seems verified by the fact that though you're served a few random impressions Google does not allow you to spend more than a few bucks.

I'd note that the situation is not very rare with new advertisers who often time list highly popular keywords while specifying a relatively low budget.

Best,

Lakatos