AdWords
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Writing new ads whilst optimizing for clicks?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

So I've got this campaign that has been running for a while now. Ad Roulation was set to rotate evenly for 90 days and to optimize for clicks after that. It's been more than three months and I figured I would like to try writing some new ads.

My question is this: When I add a brand new ad, will that ad get any displays (without any historical data) when the ad rotation is set to optimize for clicks? Or should I change it back to rotate evenly for 90 days when I write a new add at this point?

Any help is much appreciated, I've gotten great help here every time so far! Smiley Happy

Cheers,

Reinout.

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rynout
September 2015

Re: Writing new ads whilst optimizing for clicks?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

In order to test out new ads in your ad groups, I would suggest you to select Rotate evenly. Doing this would ensure that all the ads within an ad group are likely to be given equal preference and they will be shown to the users in rotation. So you can analyse the performance of those ads after sometime and decide which ones to be kept and which ones to be paused.

Read more about Ad Rotate settings here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/112876?hl=en

My Thoughts!

Pankaj

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rynout
September 2015

Re: Writing new ads whilst optimizing for clicks?

Top Contributor Alumni
# 3
Top Contributor Alumni

I agree with, change your rotation to to test new ad messaging, change your rotation to "even" to let all the ads compete fairly. Once you've figured out which of the ads are performing best, you can switch back to the click-targeting ad setting if you want.

To be honest, I never use any ad setting but even rotation. I'm always monitoring my ads to see which ones are doing best and which ones are performing poorly, so I can remove the low-performance variations promptly. No point in wasting impressions on ads that don't get many clicks!

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*