1.8K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Would like your opinions, tips and advice about my landing pages

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello. I would like your opinions, tips and advice about my landing pages.

I am new to ppc and adwords. Created specific targeted (I hope) landing pages

I would like to ask you about my ads and matching landing pages, what you think. What you would change. Do you think the landing pages work. And the actual purpose ... would you click to send for more information... based on the ad..to..landing page..to copy..to form...etc?

My Geographic area is all of the Brisbane, QLD Aust area.

1)

Ad group Keywords:

House Washing. House Washing Brisbane

Google Ad:

• House Washing Brisbane
  • Spring is in the Air! 10% off
  • house washing in August 0432959164
  • seqpressurewashing.com.au

Landing page:

www.seqpressurewashing.com.au/housewash1.html

2)

Ad group Keywords:

Pressure Washing. Pressure Washing Brisbane. Pressure Cleaning. Pressure Cleaning Brisbane

Google Ad:

Landing page:

www.seqpressurewashing.com.au/pressureclean1.html

All comments, Ideas and suggestions and most importantly why or why not you would buy or not buy/send details.

Cheers

Mike

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Would like your opinions, tips and advice about my landing pages

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Mike, a couple of quick points - I haven't got time for a full reply right now!

#1 You're not permitted to include phone numbers in Ads so you'll find that first ad should be disapproved - you'll need to use Call extensions instead.

#2 The Ads are a bit weak on Calls to Action.  Try to use more encouraging final phrases, like "Get in touch now!", etc.

#3 Try to use at least three Ad variations in each Group so you can properly cross-test them for performance.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Mike;

In addition to Jon's reply - On my high resolution, wide 27"    display, I had to scroll - Landing page should deliver the message in "one page that  fits into a common 20-23" display;

What about mobile compatible landing page? - This type of service is also searched on mobile devices.

As for the layout of the page - I would design it differently; using  bigger and different fonts. But this is my personal preference.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Mike,

You already have some good advice from Jon and Moshe!

I have few more suggestions.

Landing page

I think adding the some of the following points will enhance your landing pages.

1. A call to action to your phone number (you have added your phone number without one now). For example

Call Now for Your Free Quote - 0432 959 164

2. Experience – If you have a long service history, then adding that will increase your credibility (one of your competitors is stating ’25 years of experience’ in his ads).

3. Testimonials – Good testimonials (real people & positive feedback) always help.

4. Images of cleaning process/equipment – Including these works well at times. If you can, test this.

5. Specify availability of service (Day/time – For example 24/7)

6. Add a response time once a client contacts you – For example: We Will inspect and quote your job within 24 hours.

7. There are different cleaning requirements (like gutter cleaning, window cleaning, roof cleaning and house washing). If you are offering these different services, then give the customers an option to select the exact service they need (a drop down selection box in the enquiry form will be good).

8. Test the enquiry/contact form Title and call to action – for example test the call to action ‘Get a Free Quote’ in the place of ‘Contact Me’.

9. And add your clear business address on the page.

Ads/Ad group

Use suitable ad extensions (Site link, location and call extensions). This will help your Ad rank and only few of your competitors are using these now (when I checked ‘Brisbane’ search results in the ad preview tool).

As Jon already suggested, use more encouraging call to action in your ads, like – Call Us Now for a Free Quote!

It will be good to have different ad groups for ‘pressure washing’ and ‘pressure cleaning’ – will help you to write more customized ads and monitor performance separately.

Deepak

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes thanks for that Jon. I did tick the box for call extensions but it does not work. I will contact adwords team and ask why.
I am going to try ad variations to test the best ones.
Cheers
Mike

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Moshe. I did originally look at just one page but decided against the typical "order now and make a million dollars in 3 seconds" type of page.

I thought for a service business most just send them to their generic 'home' page.
I tried to make the important and AD relevant content, the call to action and the contact form 'above the fold'.
I was thinking that the additional information, pictures and other things to build confidence is in the second page. But having the user have to scroll down 20 pages of information.

What do others think.?
Should I just build 1 page landing for my service business?
Cheers
Mike

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks heaps for you r feedback Deepak.

Cheers
Mike

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
I think Moshe is saying that each service should be on its own page but that each page needs to be straight to the point without a need to scroll. In other words, the stuff you have under the fold is unnecessary and may distract from the flow you wish a prospect to go through -you'e overselling your proposition.

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Yep

@painperdu  rightly  understood my point and explained my intent!

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’