2.6K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

With/without and/in

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am into online flower delivery, when selecting keywords should my keyword list be 1 or 2 of the below, is it good to add more number of keywords . I am always under a dilemma whether to use more keywords and make google relevance factor come into play or make use of the broadmatch modifier and keep the keywords as less as possible so that my quality score does not get distributed among clicks of different keywords.....

1. Send Flowers to Bangalore

Send Flowers in Bangalore

Send Flowers Bangalore

2. Send Flowers Bangalore

2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by RachelM (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Number of Keywords vs. QS

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello sandeepyn;

Quote:

>>>"....make use of the broadmatch modifier and keep the keywords as less as possible so that my quality score does not get distributed among clicks of different keywords.....

QS is calculated per keywords, and is recalculated each time a Keyword takes place in an auction.

Quote:

>>> "I am always under a dilemma whether to use more keywords and make google relevance factor come into play or make use of the broadmatch modifier and keep the keywords as less as possible"

• Relevance in terms of AdWords means mostly CTR (per keyword)
  • Why do you want to keep the number of your keywords the least possible?

I would recommend that you read these articles on QS. It will make the picture much brighter for you, about the role QS plays in AdWords:

1. What To Do With Keyword Quality Scores
  2. Ingredients of the Quality Score sauce
  3. Recipe to making the perfect Quality Score Sauce

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Re: With/without and/in

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi  sandeepyn,

I don't think I'd recommend either of these. Instead, use geo-targeting to Bangalore and set it to "include search intent". Then simple keywords:

Group #1 (Flowers)

+Send +Flowers

+Deliver +Flowers

"Send Flowers"

"Deliver Flowers"

Group #2 (Roses)

+Send +Roses

+Deliver +Roses

"Send Roses"

"Deliver Roses"

etc.

If the user includes "Banfalore" in the query and that person lives outside of your target area, your ad will still be eligible to show.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Re: Number of Keywords vs. QS

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello sandeepyn;

Quote:

>>>"....make use of the broadmatch modifier and keep the keywords as less as possible so that my quality score does not get distributed among clicks of different keywords.....

QS is calculated per keywords, and is recalculated each time a Keyword takes place in an auction.

Quote:

>>> "I am always under a dilemma whether to use more keywords and make google relevance factor come into play or make use of the broadmatch modifier and keep the keywords as less as possible"

• Relevance in terms of AdWords means mostly CTR (per keyword)
  • Why do you want to keep the number of your keywords the least possible?

I would recommend that you read these articles on QS. It will make the picture much brighter for you, about the role QS plays in AdWords:

1. What To Do With Keyword Quality Scores
  2. Ingredients of the Quality Score sauce
  3. Recipe to making the perfect Quality Score Sauce

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Re: With/without and/in

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi  sandeepyn,

I don't think I'd recommend either of these. Instead, use geo-targeting to Bangalore and set it to "include search intent". Then simple keywords:

Group #1 (Flowers)

+Send +Flowers

+Deliver +Flowers

"Send Flowers"

"Deliver Flowers"

Group #2 (Roses)

+Send +Roses

+Deliver +Roses

"Send Roses"

"Deliver Roses"

etc.

If the user includes "Banfalore" in the query and that person lives outside of your target area, your ad will still be eligible to show.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords