AdWords
3.4K members online now
3.4K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Will two campaigns with same set of keywords, targeting and different landing page compete?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have two campaigns with a ad group that share same set of keywords.

In both the campaigns, those ad groups have different destination URL; but domain remains same.

My question is as per my understanding, since both campaigns have similar targeting, keyword identical in both campaigns compete against each other.

My account manager don't want this to happen. At the same time they do not agree to remove keywords from either of the campaign; since both campaigns have different destination URLs.

Can you please provide solution for this?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jose P
April 2016

Re: Will two campaigns with same set of keywords, targeting and different landing page compete?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes, they will compete against each other if they have all the same targeting criteria.
Generally, AdWords only allow one ad per domain for every ad serving. Check policy here: https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6020954?hl=en

If the purpose of having two landing pages for the same audience is just to test the effectiveness and conversion rate of landing pages, you'd better to put them into the same adgroup using different ads --- final URL on ad level instead of keyword level.

If your purpose is to "showcase" multiple different products to the potential customers with same queries, it will be a policy violation referred as "double serving" or "gaining unfair advantage". I would suggest you break down keywords and targeting criteria to segment potential customers, and advertise products targeting the more specific audience group.

Re: Will two campaigns with same set of keywords, targeting and different landing page compete?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks a lot. I shall experiment with same ad group with different destination URLs. How did I miss that? Thnks mate..

Sent from my iPhone