AdWords
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Will two campaigns with same set of keywords, targeting and different landing page compete?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a client that wants to test the effectiveness of 2 different landing pages on 2 different domains.  My idea was to set up a campaign using 2 Ad Groups but targeting the same audience.  Is it possible, or recommended, to set up 2 different Ad Groups under the same campaign with each Ad Group using a different landing page and different domain?

Example:  Ad Group 1 would forward to www.example.com/landingpage.  Ad Group 2 would forward to www.test.com/landingpage

Also, if I did it this way, would the two Ad Groups compete against each other?

Thanks for the advice!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Will two campaigns with same set of keywords, targeting and different landing page compete?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

The answer is yes, they will compete. To avoid that you can set an experiment.

Read about AdWords drafts and experiments;

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6318732?hl=en

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks MosheLTV, I appreciate the help.  Would you recommend I stagger the two campaigns by running them at different times or will that hurt the scoring of both landing pages?

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner

The point of running an experiment is to help eliminate variables that could otherwise affect the outcome. If you run the campaigns at different times of day, then you won't have a controlled data set.

Tom