AdWords
5.7K members online now
5.7K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Will this SEO trickery affect PPC Quality Score?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi There,

We have seen one of our competitors doing some strange website loading techniques (what appears to us to be against ranking guidelines) which has seen them shoot up the rankings for contact lens category searches.

On the below example URL, if you watch quick enough you will see that a large amount of keyword heavy content is loaded before quickly changing to a purchase page and the content being nicely loaded into a separate tab. It looks as so they are forcing Google to crawl some keyword rich copy without the user even noticing before delivering them to their desired content.

http://www.lenson.co.uk/daily-disposables-c-21.html

Have anyone seen something like this before? We were wondering if something like would affect PPC quality score? We also wanted to know in general if this is allowed or broke any Google policies/guidelines?

Thanks

Jack

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Will this SEO trickery affect PPC Quality Score?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Jack,

If you have notices suspicious behaviour on one of your competitots accounts, I would suggest to fill this form for more specific feedback from google policy team:
https://support.google.com/adwords/troubleshooter/4578507

Cheers,
Alexey
Cheers, Alexey
UAWC Agency

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Alexey,

I don't think the adwords guys would be able to help here, especially through this form.

This is more of a landing page query, my main question would be if this breaks any policies/guidelines and if it is deemed bad user experience?

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Hi Jack,

I'm not sure if you're referring to keyword stuffing, but I can certainly tell that it is a myth and has no effect on quality score in AdWords. More info on landing page experience here.

Speaking of AdWords policies, keyword stuffing is a violation of the webmaster guidelines policy and is certainly not acceptable.

Hope that helps!

Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Sumanth,

Thanks for your feedback!

Coming from a PPC background and not SEO, would you say the page I listed above breaks these guideline?

Jack

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hi Jack,

I don't see any trickery going on here. There is no redirect, it's just the way the content loads up. There is no cloaking either that I can see, at least not what Google considers to be cloaking. The page does not present different copy to bots.

The descriptive content isn't really keyword stuffing, it is providing unique content for the page. That can improve the QS. The copy is part of the page. The div containing the copy is hidden until you click on the link.

Watching the page load, It appears the copy in question appears on the page before the listing of products. That it shows only briefly when the page loads is most likely because of that.

I would say this is not a policy violation.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Rising Star
# 7
Rising Star
Thanks for the insights, Pete!

I wasn't sure if it was actually keyword stuffing Smiley Happy
Sumanth Sridhar