AdWords
3.9K members online now
3.9K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Will removing Location Extension affect campaign performance?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

We're getting some percentage of clicks on "Get Directions" or generally on location extensions in our ads, and that is not what we want, 'cause our goal is to bring user to a landing page, not to Google Maps.

At the same time we feel that there is a possibility that because location extension makes local address visible in our ads, that actually helps "clickability".

Before we do the experiment and temporarily remove location extensions, will be great to hear if anybody in the community had this kind of experience before.

Thank you,

D.

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Dmitry P
September 2015

Re: Will removing Location Extension affect campaign performance?

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

Ad Rank was calculated using your max CPC bid and your Quality Score, but now ad extension is a new third component. So ad extensions can influence the position of your ad on the search results page. If two competing ads have the same bid and quality, then the ad with the more positive expected impact from extensions will generally appear in a higher position than the other.

Read more about how ad extensions affect the ad rank on the search network:
http://adwords.blogspot.com/2013/10/improving-ad-rank.html

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Good point Ahmed.

Now question is if say 3% of clicks wasted is worth having your ad hypothetically higher in the results?

D

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

I was talking about how ad extensions can affect your ad in general , but for sure if an ad extension has a negative impact on your ad , you should remove it, but always try to use ad extensions (whatever the ad extension) in your ad to increase your chances.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
So are you suggesting that if we have just say Call Extension instead of both Call and Location Extensions that still will be fine in terms of influencing the position of our ad on the search results page?

D
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Dmitry P
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
Yes, that what i mean Smiley Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I removed the location extension by mistake and my client does not know what email is linked to his GMB page, so I can't send him another invite. Is there a way to UNDO this? I tried in Change History, but that didn't work. HELP! 

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

This thread has been closed to new replies.

If you have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’