6.8K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Will my video be shown only on YouTube?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I started my first AdWords campaign, and it's unclear to me whether the video I'm promoting will only be shown on YouTube. Can anyone tell me how to determine this?

Linda

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Karl (Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆)
September 2015

Re: Will my video be shown only on YouTube?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Linda,

Welcome to the community.

Perhaps this help center page will help you in determining how to set up targeting for your Video campaign.

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Karl (Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆)
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Linda,

The link Tom provided has some great information on video targeting. Just to answer your question, you're video will show on the placements (sites) you yourself chose to show it on. You can also chose keywords and let Google select the sites on where to show your ads based on those keywords.

Karl

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Same problem here. I was told by an Adwords rep that I need to manually ad "exclusions". Which doesn't seem right......

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Ghengis,

You can also add youtube.com as the only placement if you only want to show there. Check out all the targeting options here: http://www.google.com/ads/displaynetwork/find-your-audience/targeting-tools.html 

If you only want to target 1 site you need to use placement targeting.

Hope this helps,
Karl 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

That's exactly what I did, but adwords for video seems to be buggy and will show accross the display network even when only youtube.com is specified as the only placement....

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
What might happen is that the ad might show on sites that have embedded a youtube video in their site. So while technically its showing in a different site, it's still a YouTube video, streamed from YouTube.

Karl

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Karl,

Can you confirm that when I advertise videos on youtube (and not on the entire display network) my ads will be displayed on youtube.com and on sites that embed the youtube video player?

I did not see any information about that.

Cheers