AdWords
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Will mobile preferred ads reduce the Cost per click?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Manik Andan
November 2015

Re: Will mobile preferred ads reduce the Cost per click?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Manik,

Yes it is effected. As there would be a change in competition on mobile so CPC bid will be effected.
Else you can use device bid adjustment to reduce and increase the bid of mobile devices manually.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Manik,

Welcome to AdWords Community.

The answer to this question is both - may be and may not be. I will explain this further for you. 

Using mobile preferred ads my reduce your cost per click if you have written real mobile optimized ads, you are bidding sufficiently on mobile devices, and have a mobile optimized website. Though, there's no direction connection of mobile preferred ads with CPC, yet it can work positively if you understand the scenario well and work accordingly.

You would agree that there is less space for ads on mobile devices and for this reason your regular desktop ads may not appear just perfect all the time on smaller screens. Sometimes or say more often, you would note ads texts being striped off to fit in the device screen size properly. It may in return make your ads texts appear incomplete and can definitely affect your Click Though Rate. Now when you have lower CTR, you have lower QS, and higher CPC. 

On the contrary, if you understand the scenario properly and write your ads in way that it is short, to point, fits the mobile screen precisely, and instigates action, you are the winner. You will get better CTR and QS and will eventually pay lesser. 

You can read more about mobile preferred ads here -  https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2472719?rd=1

Does that help?

Thanks
Ratan Jha

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Ratan,

Thanks for the brief explanation...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Archit,

Thanks for making me understand.