AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Will display ads on mobile apps help conversion?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

When i take the placement report for my display campaigns (including re marketing) it shows 90% of placements as mobile apps. These mobile placements has good, in fact great CTR and CPC compared to website placements. But should this be encouraged? Since the campaign is for an beauty care brand which sells product online and can we expect good conversion (here online sales) rate for clicks from mobile apps? Should i exclude mobile app as placements? what's your suggestion?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jithin C
September 2015

Re: Will display ads on mobile apps help conversion?

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
What matters more is of course "Conversions". If mobile apps has high CTR and low conversions, and website placements has low CTR and high conversions; Sure you should focus more on website placements than mobile apps.

The bottom line is that CTR is an important metric, and yes, it should align with your performance if you’re doing the right things. However, your goals are much more important to focus on.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jithin C
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
What matters more is of course "Conversions". If mobile apps has high CTR and low conversions, and website placements has low CTR and high conversions; Sure you should focus more on website placements than mobile apps.

The bottom line is that CTR is an important metric, and yes, it should align with your performance if you’re doing the right things. However, your goals are much more important to focus on.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
If you are tracking your ecomm sales then you will be able to answer your own question - are you getting a positive ROI from the traffic. If you are great, if not, stop it.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
That actually is my another problem. We are selling products through a third party eCommerce website, say SnapDeal. for users visiting the shop now page in our website we give them option to visit our product page in SnapDeal and ask them to buy from there. Because of that we can not accurately measure visitors from which campaign is converting. My conversion metric will only show people who visited the shop now page and not the actual sales. Is there any method by which we can track sales through a third party ecomm site?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Our team itself is operating that seller account in Snapdeal and i will get the details like number of orders,their location, timings etc. What i need is i want to know users from which of my campaign and/or targeting group is choosing to click that Snapdeal button and visit their website.. Can you help?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Place event tracking on the snapdeal button and track that as a goal in Analytics - then you can import that goal back into Adwords as a conversion.

It wont tell you who bought, but it will tell you who clicked through.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you Stickleback. I had a bit of trouble in doing that but now i managed to do what you said. Let me measure the data and hope it works..

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
I have removed app placements for Display remarketing campaigns and continues using it for display campaigns. Let me have a go how it goes.. Thanks again

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor
The learning curves are steep sometimes, but the view is worth it when you get there!

Let us know how you get on