AdWords
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Why when I try to raise my CPC bid for keywords, does the system say nothing will change?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am trying to set some automations, so that when my CTR is above .5% for any keyword on a given campaign, that I raise my CPC bid to top of page bid.  Whenever I preview this automation, google tells me that by putting it into affect, nothing will change.  I have raised my daily budget to account for the increased CPC bid to go top of page for this automation. 

I have also tried raising my CPC Bid for certain keywords individually and when I preview the changes, the system says nothing will change.  Why is this?  I have certain words I want to move higher up in the search que.  I know fit with my website plays a roll in googles calculation of where and ad should appear, but I though CPC bid factored into that as well.  

Any and all advice would be much appreciated. 

Thanks, 

Bill 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Why when I try to raise my CPC bid for keywords, does the system say nothing will change?

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

When you say that "the system says nothing will change" - I'm not quite sure what you're saying. Are you seeing some specific error or information message pop up on the page?

What page are you on--where are you trying to change your bids?

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Re: Why when I try to raise my CPC bid for keywords, does the system say nothing will change?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Are you using Automated Rules?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

can you show us a screenshot?

oh, and you can also call Google's helpline.

heres the list of numbers you can call: http://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1385067