AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.5K members online now
3.5K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Why there is a up & down in the number of conversion in campaign ?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I am running a campaign for last few months without any changes, But number of conversion seems to be going up & down all the time. Sometime I get 2 conversion in a day and sometime I get 10 conversion in a day.

I would like to get more conversion consistently ? Can someone please help me with ideas. 

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
December 2015

Re: Why there is a up & down in the number of conversion in campai

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
In the same way a shop might have 5 visitors one day, and 10 on another - you can't fully control conversions. If you could... well we account managers wouldn't have jobs haha.

What you can do, is try to understand why certain days/weeks/ periods of time have resulted in more conversions. What happened on the good days, and the bad days to create those conditions?

Other than that, maintain your account. Keep on top of your negative keyword list, and monitor the cost per conversion, CTR.. etc.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
December 2015

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
In the same way a shop might have 5 visitors one day, and 10 on another - you can't fully control conversions. If you could... well we account managers wouldn't have jobs haha.

What you can do, is try to understand why certain days/weeks/ periods of time have resulted in more conversions. What happened on the good days, and the bad days to create those conditions?

Other than that, maintain your account. Keep on top of your negative keyword list, and monitor the cost per conversion, CTR.. etc.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Adding to Abbie, select the data for at least one month and segment by day of the week. Then analyse the better performing days and use bid adjustments on ad scheduling for best results.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello,

In addition to excellent reply above, I would also add here that you can always fine tune your campaign to work it better and better for you in future. Experimentation is the key in terms of AdWords. Evaluate what works and what not. Search Terms, Remarketing campaigns, RLSA ads etc.. are few of the many options that could be tried and tested.

Hour of the day report, Day of the Week are important reports to understand what is working for your online business and what not.

What sort of keywords, match types are working, what sort of landing pages, ad copies work well and what need improvement. You should be tracking everything. Have you connected AdWords with Analytics? If yes, how's the other metrics for your AdWords campaigns? Average session duration, bounce rate, sessions per visit etc..

My 2 cents!

Pankaj

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
What is your bid settings? Are you using Conversion Optimizer or manual CPC/eCPC?