AdWords
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Why same keywords in different companies have huge difference?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello guys, today i tried to do experiment, i take all successful keyword (which gave us order) and create new company with the same ads and URL. So what i see the keywords cost in 2 or 3 times more than in old company?   For example in old company keyword cost $0.15 - $0.45 now i have $0.9 - $1.8. 

Most keywords have high QS around 7-10 but cost per click so expensive. 

Thank you.

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Vitaly M
September 2015

Re: Why same keywords in different companies have huge difference?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello Vitaly

As Pete mentioned, when you add a new keyword, the initial QS given, is based on other advertisers' QS,  for this KW.  Only after the KW gains 1000 impressions, QS is calculated  based on your campaign  performance (mainly CTR).  This is probably the main reason for the difference in CPC.

Please also remember that QS is re-calculated every time a KW takes part  in an auction.

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Vitaly,

First, you are violating the Double Serving policy. You have two accounts advertising with the same keywords for the same web site. I would cancel the new account, now.

When you create a new campaign in a new account, the QS is assigned based on the overall history of that keyword across all accounts, not just your account.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello Pete, thank you for reply. I'm not violating, because i use one account. I just create a new company in my account, and what about QS in new company is same as old company. There are some keywords have different QS but most of them have the same.
My question is why so big difference in cost?
Thank you.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Vitaly M
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello Vitaly

As Pete mentioned, when you add a new keyword, the initial QS given, is based on other advertisers' QS,  for this KW.  Only after the KW gains 1000 impressions, QS is calculated  based on your campaign  performance (mainly CTR).  This is probably the main reason for the difference in CPC.

Please also remember that QS is re-calculated every time a KW takes part  in an auction.

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

I think you mean "Campaign" not "company". Wait a few hours and the prices will normalize. Also if you have no Ads created for those keywords you can get those big prices because a key is less relevant without a door to be opened Smiley Happy  . I think they calculate the prices based on a relevancy algorithm we may never find out. The differences in your new Campaign are :1) landing pages and 2) text ads , because of this different experience for someone who searches , the "relevancy" is different than the one in your initial Campaign.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@ Adrian;

Quote:

>>" I think they calculate the prices based on a relevancy algorithm we may never find out. The differences in your new Campaign a re :1) landing pages and 2) text ads , because of this different experience for someone who searches , the "relevancy" is different than the one in your initial Campaign."

Prices are NOT calculated based on relevancy, text ads, landing page;... - These are factors for QS. (Though not the dominant / major one - which is CTR. You can say that QS is directly affected by CTR.)

The initial QS  given has nothing to do with all these parameters.The initial QS is just the QS of other advertisers for a given KW (based on exact match type).

-Moshe

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

I am a little confused about the "QS teacher" giving "all my students" grades of 10 or 7, why are there no 8 or 9 grades ?

As confirmed by this user, the QS is more like a black or white grading system than a "shades of gray" :

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Improve-results/Accelerated-Budget-Is-it-truly-unrestricted/...

"Hi Adrian,

I'd never noticed this lack of QS8 KWs, so I had a look in my account - it's v strange I couldn't believe I only have 9 KWs with QS8 out of a total of >1500000 ."

How many QS of 8 or 9 do you have ?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Adrian, you are right, i mean Campaign, sorry about and 1) landing page i made same as in old campaign 2) text ads also i copied from old one.
Thank you.

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Then it is just a matter of waiting to receive 1000 impressions to see a radical change in the QS. Have you reached this minimum of 1000 ?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 10
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Yes, i reached 1000, and cost going down Smiley Wink I didn't know that after 1000 impressions the cost recalculate. Thank you Adrian and Moshe for cool help.