AdWords
6.5K members online now
6.5K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Why on EARTH would Google replace the keyword tool?

N/A
# 1
N/A

The "planner" TERRIBLE for keyword research, and its figures do not seem accurate, or even CLOSE to accurate.

Usually Google makes changes to improve things, but every now and then they get it wrong. This is one of those cases.

Does anyone know why they are doing away with a really good system which works well, and deliver really good data, and opting for one which seem way less accurate and more "clunky" to use?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Why on EARTH would Google replace the keyword tool?

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello !

Regarding these statements

"its figures do not seem accurate, or even CLOSE to accurate.."

"...opting for one which seem way less accurate and more "clunky" to use?"

Do you have some evidence as to what keyword has not accurate numbers for traffic or is it just a hunch ?

On the positive side : I found that the keyword planner has a useful feature of hiding the keywords that are already in the account, thus providing only new suggestions.

What exactly were you able to achieve with the old tool that you are not able to achieve with the new one ? I am not advocating for them, I am just another user that is curious.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Well... getting estimates for CPCs in your local area - Isnt it an improvement?
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
The old system worked well as a stand-alone tool, but didn't allow easy media planning. Large advertisers like to see media plans before they decide to invest, and Google AdWords wants to make life as easy as possible for these advertisers.