AdWords
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Why my ads are showing outside my target location?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Friends,

I have added "United Kingdom" as exclusion. Then, i choose "People in my targeted location" in Advanced location settings. But still my ads are showing Outside US. Please find the below snapshot,

How to prevent my ads showing outside my targeted location? Please help me...

Capture.PNG

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Joomla J
September 2015

Re: Why my ads are showing outside my target location?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
"But still my ads are showing Outside US." - how did you check this (there can be difference between you & Google)?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Joomla J,

The settings that you have used in your account seem to be perfect. You should not be seeing any visits from your excluded locations.
Could you chk the data only for the campaigns & only from the date when you made these changes to your settings and confirm.
Also, could tell us where you are checking this from? The Analytics or AdWords interface?
Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Accepted Solution’!
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Hi Joomla,

I am facing a similar issue in my campaign as well and I had brought this up with my Google Rep and the response I got from them was that the Targeting Settings are sounds here, the only reason one would record traffic from outside the targeted location is when users are making use of VPN or Tor to mask their IP's and make it look like people belong to a different location altogether.

This logic makes sense to me as I am not receiving a lot of traffic from such locations but just a fraction of the total traffic. Check the ratio of your traffic from outside the targeted location and the total traffic you record in your campaign and if it's not a big number, you can probably do IP exclusions for the concerned locations.

Hope this Helps!

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"

Why my ads are showing outside my target location?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Very quiet in this topic, is anybody knows the answer to this?

I have similar issue, we target only London but our ads are showing under different locations, Liverpool, Manchester etc.

What's the purpose of targeted location settings if they don't work? We loose money on irrelevant search traffic.