AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Why my ad doesn't show when MaxCPC $50 & QS 6/10 and not one competing ad is on the page?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm having difficulty understanding a strange situation, hoping someone might offer some insight to what's happening:

With a particular keyword, on weekends, my ad could get to top of page setting Max CPC to $4 with quality score of 6/10, I can see one or two other competing ad below mine. On some hours during weekdays, my ad won't even come out when Max CPC set to $50 with quality score of 6/10, and no other competing ad is showing on the page. Using Ad Preview it says not showing due to low ad rank. What's puzzling is that there is no competing ad showing, how can ($50 & 6/10) result in low ad rank?

Has anyone come across similar strange situation before? Might there be explanation for this?

Thank you.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Why my ad doesn't show when MaxCPC $50 & QS 6/10 and not one competing ad is on the page?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Rick,

Sometimes, the Ad Preview Tool might have a weird behavior and the results might be unusual. However, in your case, if any keyword doesn't have competition and no ad is eligible to show, chances are that your ad might also not show. Reason being that the ecosystem which Google has developed over the years i.e. AdWords, it takes into consideration the how relevant the query would be and how relevant it is to show ads. In case there is no competition, it is not worth showing an ad for them. So basically it is the relevancy factor and how competitive the market is. My suggestion would be to bid for the keywords which are healthy and competitive so that you are able to show ads for them. Also ensure that CTR is great so that your ad is eligible for an ad auction.

Pankaj

Pankaj