AdWords
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Why my GDN Campaigns slow down and apparently stop distributing after a few days?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

I have some serious problem with my GDN campaigns regarding its distribution. My campaign objective was to send ppl to my website.
A few days after setting things up (when they still run so effectively and even ask for more budget - limited by budget), my ads seem to slow down significantly. A daily-$50-budget was spent with less than $5, and eventually flounder. I don't know what should be the reason for this one, and I need seriously urgent advice on how should I fix this.

Thank you very much. I'm open to all input.
Kindly,

1 Expert replyverified_user

Why my GDN Campaigns slow down and apparently stop distributing after a few days?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Hoang V,

There could be several reasons for this, although they are all controllable. Let's discuss some aspects of your Display Network Campaigns. 

How many ad groups do you have? 

How many ads per ad groups do you have? What sizes? 

What type of targeting are you using?

Please let us know these answers so that we can better assess your situation. 

Kind Regards,

James

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

fyi this is a phenomena that I see with a lot of GDN campaigns.  They will make a lot of impressions for a few days before settling into a lower-impression rhythm.  It's an artifact of the way Targeting works.  Usually the lower impression level holds, and is the real level.  I recently confirmed this phenomena in discussions with Google support.

Re: Why my GDN Campaigns slow down and apparently stop distributing after a few days?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi James,

Great to have your kind support. I'm having 6 separate campaigns (Since there's a royal pain that we can only adjust budget on campaign level, hence if we want to control the budget differently we have to create so many campaigns...), each targeting on an interest featured by our customers.

Each of my campaign contains 1 ad group using affinity audience (Interest & Remarketing), and each ad agroup has 2 ads (sized 300x250, html5)

So far my goal is to catch attention and raise brand awareness, not conversion, so I'm not using any re-marketing strategy in my campaigns.

Kindly,

Re: Why my GDN Campaigns slow down and apparently stop distributing after a few days?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Steve

Thanks for your great input. But  will the pace keep up or enhance after the lower phase eventually? If yes then how can we manage to get it back on track?

Kindly,