Guide Me
star_border

Why my Display ad is not delivering?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hi... can you help me in this issue ?

I am facing a problem with showing ads in display network.

I am using automatic placement and display keywords.....  in the first day while i set the location  "worldwide" .. i got much impressions with Active View CMP for $ 0.41....
but today as there was not enough clicks in the ads, I have set the target to  around 10 countries where the topics and keywords are most probable to be discussed about. 
I am running a cloth store and only people wearing the dress "saree or sari" from the 10 countries I have targeted.

*** display planner show there is several thousands of placements related to my keywords in the countries.
***But it is very strange that having more than half billion audience, my ads is not showing and telling me that  "very few placement matches my keywords",
 but
****I have added 200 more keywords, both generic and long tails for a single item of dress. 
****also my current bid is more than twice from yesterday bid. i have set it to $1 at view able CPM. i have also increased the campaign budget 5 times.

2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author md zahedul a
September 2015

Re: Why my Display ad is not delivering?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Well... I would say that the display network is not the campaign I would recommend for users "only  wearing the dress 'saree or sari'..."

Having said that, if you are running a display campaign, reduce the number of keywords, You are using too many keywords to define a theme. ( Which is matched with relevant content on webpages).

20 KWs will do!

Also, you are targeting too narrow (Topics and keyowords).  In conjunction with the low bid - the result is no impressions.

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner
Keywords for display network are different than for search networks. The more KW's you add the more you restrict the targeting. Try just using "saree and/or sari" and see if the volume picks back up.

You also might want to consider trying a topic or interest category adgroup(s) with no KW's to compare against the KW adgroup. Topic targeting in particular is often more relevant than KW targeted display advertising. Google has a lot of information that goes into deciding who fits into what topic that you won't have access to.

Your CPM, bids, etc. will vary drastically depending on which countries you target. Check out your demographics reports in the dimensions tab during the time frame when you were targeting all countries and see if one of the countries you are no longer targeting was generating a lot of impressions for a lower CPM than you are now.
Tom

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Well... I would say that the display network is not the campaign I would recommend for users "only  wearing the dress 'saree or sari'..."

Having said that, if you are running a display campaign, reduce the number of keywords, You are using too many keywords to define a theme. ( Which is matched with relevant content on webpages).

20 KWs will do!

Also, you are targeting too narrow (Topics and keyowords).  In conjunction with the low bid - the result is no impressions.

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner
Keywords for display network are different than for search networks. The more KW's you add the more you restrict the targeting. Try just using "saree and/or sari" and see if the volume picks back up.

You also might want to consider trying a topic or interest category adgroup(s) with no KW's to compare against the KW adgroup. Topic targeting in particular is often more relevant than KW targeted display advertising. Google has a lot of information that goes into deciding who fits into what topic that you won't have access to.

Your CPM, bids, etc. will vary drastically depending on which countries you target. Check out your demographics reports in the dimensions tab during the time frame when you were targeting all countries and see if one of the countries you are no longer targeting was generating a lot of impressions for a lower CPM than you are now.
Tom

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi md zahedul,

I agree with the Tom and Moshe that you have added to many keywords in your display campaign which are creating problems. in display keywords only work as a theme to match the relevant content of webpages available in google display network.
also try viewing geographic report in dimensions tab you will get it in dimension tab under view drop-down menu, from which country you got the impression on the first day.

Try adding some more targeting options available ( interest, demographic ). also make sure to create Ad in all available formats and variation so that you do not miss any impression because of lack of ads variation available.

regards,
Rahul Goel

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi MD Zahedul,

You already have got some good suggestions! Here I would like to add, assuming you are selling saree/sari as you wrote in your post you have cloth store and you are targeting women wear sarees. I would advice to use keyword planner/display planner and search keywords according to countries you are targeting. Bifurcate them in most specific adgoups with some broad keywords (do not add lot of keywords in one adgroup). Target specific Ads (Text & Image ads) both. Some placements doesn't allow text ads and some doesn't allow image ads. Make sure you add all allowed sizes of image ads. You need to put very beautiful and popular product in your image ad when you are selling saree. The image should should attract viewers to click and buy your sarees. As already stated above test topics and interest categories. You can target shopping related topics. I believe you also need to keep bids high.

You can use display planner and search for placement mostly visited by women such as placements related to beauty, fashion, skin care, recipe etc. Not necessary that  ratio of women user will be high but chances are more. Collect these placements and you can add manage placement campaign. And time to time from your other campaign you can transfer placement in this campaign which you see performing well.

Remarketing is another great way to target who visited your sites and didn't purchased. Since you have cloth store I hope you are doing shopping Campaigns. I am from India and I buy sarees. I searched for buy designer sarees and saw lot of search ads and shopping ads too.

Thanks

Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’