AdWords
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Why most shows are only one particular ad in the group?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

In one AdWords adgroup (of 17 ads), in some reason one ad (I will refer to it as "leading") took 72.99% served (the "next" in the order of number of shows is 7.29%).

Note also that the leading ad got 1.47% CTR, the next is 1.53%. All other CTR are lower.

Why one ad took so big "unjust" number of shows?

I think I would get better results if the ads in this group were distributed more "justly". Is it a Google failure?

Will it correct by itself after some time pass? My campaign started 2016 Feb 16.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Victor P
March 2016

Re: Why most shows are only one particular ad in the group?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
There are a number of reasons this can happen depending on the goals and settings of the campaign.

Under the Campaign Settings tab you could be optimizing ads for conversions or for clicks as an example.

To change the rotation options go into the Campaign then select the Campaigns settings tab. Inside the "All settings" tab closer to the bottom you will see "Ad delivery: Ad rotation, frequency capping" Under this option can change the ad rotation to "rotate evenly" or "rotate indefinitely".

If you change this manually you should monitor the the ads and manually pause the less performing ad copy as you will be turning off optimization for the ads on Adwords end.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Victor P
March 2016

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
There are a number of reasons this can happen depending on the goals and settings of the campaign.

Under the Campaign Settings tab you could be optimizing ads for conversions or for clicks as an example.

To change the rotation options go into the Campaign then select the Campaigns settings tab. Inside the "All settings" tab closer to the bottom you will see "Ad delivery: Ad rotation, frequency capping" Under this option can change the ad rotation to "rotate evenly" or "rotate indefinitely".

If you change this manually you should monitor the the ads and manually pause the less performing ad copy as you will be turning off optimization for the ads on Adwords end.

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Hey Victor, how are things?

There's a thing called Ad Rotation where you can define how the ads will rotate, and by default Google use the option "Optimize for clicks", where it will select to show the ad with most chance to generate clicks most of the time.

You can change this at anytime in your campaign settings. From what you have said, I believe that "Rotate evenly" or "Rotate indefinitely" show help.

In this page you will find all the options available: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/112876?hl=en

One important thing, 17 ads is a lot for just one group. Maybe consider a restructure or even removing some ads. Recommended is from 2 to 5 ads at the time. More then this can take a lot of time for you to gather information on test results.

Hope this helps.
_

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Seems like the ads are getting a good quality score resulting in less CTR and least placements